FULL TIME POLICE OFFICER
The Town of Coats Police Department is looking for a Police officer for fulltime position.
All part time employees interested must have letter of intent to interview for full time position to the Chief of Police no later than December the 25th.
If you qualify for employment, we would like to be able to welcome you into a professional department of dedicated and well-trained employees who want to help you in becoming successful in your career as a Law Enforcement Officer.
*Closing date is
December 25th 2013
To Qualify You Must:
· Be of high moral character and personal integrity
· Have earned a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Be a citizen of the United States
· Be at least 21 years of age
· Have, or be eligible for, a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
· Have successfully completed a Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (BLET) accredited by the N.C. Department of Justice, Criminal Justice Standards Division.
· Possess the following skills: human relations, conceptual and technical.
Pre-Employment Evaluation To
· An extensive personal background investigation
· Interview by a review board and the Chief of Police.
· Satisfactorily complete physical, psychological, and drug screening examinations.
Post-Employment, Officer Agree To
· Accept assignment in any area of criminal investigation, patrol, administration or special operations.
· Establish residence within a 1 (one) hour drive time from the department.
· Work rotating 12 hour shifts (day and night, any day of the week and holidays.)
· Employment under a 12 month probationary status.
Fringe Benefits - The Town of Coats provides a fully paid medical, dental and vision plan for full-time employees. Coverage for spouses and family members may be purchased. The city also provides membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employee’s Retirement System. The Town of Coats contributes to a 401K Supplemental Retirement Income Plan for police officers. A take home car if your residence is within 15 miles of the town limits.
Leave - City employees receive 9 paid vacation days, 12 paid sick leave days and 12 paid holidays annually.
*Town application and all applicable forms on the NCDOJ must be complete and received before Dec 25th 2013 for consideration.
Town of Coats Employment Application
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Coats is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Drug Free Workplace Employer. Equal employment opportunities are allowed without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, or non-disqualifying handicap.